Help and FAQs
For everything else please read our FAQ section from our friends at PistonHeads.
Click here to read our tips for spotting, and avoiding, fraudulent adverts and dishonest sellers or buyers from our friends at PistonHeads.
DB2/4 MKII - 1956 (1956) POA
Make Aston Martin
Model DB2/4 MKII
Drive Side right
Odometer reading 100
Exterior Colour Peacock Blue
Interior Colour Claret
At the London Motor Show in 1955, Aston Martin updated their 2+2 known as the DB2/4 into the Mark II.
At first glance similar to its predecessor, this model came with many detail changes, the roof line was raised, which was highlighted by a chrome strip, the side panels of the bonnet remain fixed and it had two mini tailfins housing new taillights.
Just 199 examples of the DB2/4 MKII were made, making this a most rare and sought after model from the classic Aston Martin range.
This particular car is in the final stages of a ground up Aston Workshop restoration and the following is a list of work already undertaken by Aston Workshop:
· Ground up restoration
· Refurbished chassis
· Refurbished body
· New floors
· Re-built front axles with up-rated barings & new aluminium suspension uprights
· Electric power assisted steering with new steering box
· Telescopic rear damper conversion
· All new brake system with front disc brakes and servo
· New electric wiring harness and associated fittings
· All instruments refurbished in restored dash panel with matching wood rim steering wheel
· Re-trimmed in red hide with matching beige wool headlining and red Wilton carpets
· Inertia reel seat belts
· The high specification drive train is made up of 2.9 VB6J engine with new steel crankshaft, new connecting rods, pistons & liners
· High capacity oil pump and water pump
· Performance cam shafts with re-worked ports to suit the triple Weber carburettors
· 5 speed manual gearbox to a 3.54 modern limited slip differential
· New polished stainless steel wheels, hubs and spinners with radial tyres
This is a rare opportunity to become closely involved in the final stages of one of our ‘world renowned’ Aston Workshop restorations.
Thanks to the hard work and dedication of our restorations manager and his team of highly skilled technicians this rare and immaculate DB2/4 MKII is set to become one of the best examples available. In the absolutely stunning combination of Peacock Blue with matching Autolux Claret hide, red Wilton carpets and Fawn Woolcloth headlining, it really is a fantastic ownership proposition.
We anticipate a great deal of interest in this lovely Aston and advise those who are interested to contact a member of our sales team as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
For more details please contact Paul Inness on 01207 233 525.
- Year: 1956
- Doors: 3
- Body type: Coupe
- Transmission type: Manual
- Fuel type: Petrol
- Colour: Blue