Help and FAQs
For everything else please read our FAQ section from our friends at PistonHeads.
Click here to read our tips for spotting, and avoiding, fraudulent adverts and dishonest sellers or buyers from our friends at PistonHeads.
Porsche 993 (911) Targa, P-Reg, 79,000 miles. COMPREHENSIVE SERVICE HISTORY (1997) SOLD
- Tiptronic S (Automatic with clutchless Manual option - F1 type steering wheel controls)
- Later Varioram model - 285 BHP (Standard)
- First Registered 21 April 1997 (P) - so one of the last hand-built air-cooled cars before Porsche launched the mass-produced water-cooled 996s and 997s. 993s hold their value far better than these models too
- MOT to January 2014 - all previous MOT Certificates held
- Metallic "Arctic Silver" coachwork with "Metropole Blue" Full leather interior - extended to doors and dashboard (expensive options). Very popular colour combination - more so than the more "common" Silver and Black leather
- Hard-backed sports seats (electrically operated) - expensive option
- Air Conditioning (working)
- Electric glass sliding roof and sun blind - fully operational with no leaks
- Original 17" Targa alloy wheels
- Twin air-bags and ABS
- Factory-fitted Porsche PA1000 alarm/immobiliser (2 sets of keys, 3 alarm fobs including the RED master - very rare)
- Factory-fitted hoop spoiler with integrated rear brake light (optional extra)
- Porsche premium Sound Package (optional extra)
- Trip computer (optional extra)
- Original front and rear genuine Porsche overmats
- Parrot integrated Bluetooth device (hands-free)
- Steering wheel mounted Tiptronic controls (optional extra)
- Comprehensive Service History, OPC and recognised specialists - Receipts, Stamped Service Book and MOTs
- Excellent all-round condition - mechanicals, interior and bodywork. Selling with NO KNOWN FAULTS
- AA/RAC/PCGB or Peter Morgan vehicle inspection very welcome
- Garaged 3rd car - I have owned for over 3 years and the car is Registered at my home address on the V5. PCGB Member since 1995 (this is my 3rd consecutive 993 - and took me over 6 months to locate)
- Option codes 249, 373, 374, 425, 432, 490, 567, 602 and 659 (all previously listed here)
This car comes with an excellent Service History and provenance. I have the Porsche wallet with the various books, including the all important Guarantee and Maintenance booklet (which is the original and has 18 Service stamps in total - including Record of Brake Fluid Changes and Airbag inspections).
In addition to the Stamped Service Book, I also have the Service receipts, the last 3 Bills of Sale for when the car has been sold by Northway Porsche and ALL previous MOT Certificates.
I believe that this Porsche 993 Targa is one of the best on the market - I am selling this car with NO KNOWN FAULTS. AA/RAC/PCGB or Peter Morgan inspection invited.
£22,800 - whilst there is some negotiation in the price, I will not enter into negotiations on the phone or by email before you have seen the car.
Please CALL with any questions, requests for more photographs and/or to arrange a viewing.
Finally, I am not interested in any calls from "Hendon Way Motors" or any other dealers who want to put my car on their forecourt on a "Sale or Return" basis.
- Home Phone 01403 782743
Classic & Sports Car essentials
- Engine layout: Rear Engined
- Aspiration: Normally Aspirated
- Engine size (Litres): 3.6
- Engine configuration: 6 cylinder
- Cylinder layout: Horizontally
- Cylinders: 6
- Engine power (BHP): 285
- Torque (lbs/ft): 251
- Top speed (MPH): 168
- Acceleration: 0 to 62 in 6.40 seconds
- Driven wheels: Rear Wheel Drive
- Mileage: 79,000
- Year: 1997
- Doors: 2
- Body type: Coupe
- Transmission type: Automatic
- Fuel type: Petrol
- Colour: Silver