TVR CERBERA 1997 (1997)
We have for sale an immaculate condition TVR Cerbera, which has just had a full body off restoration completed. This is a 1997 car (first registered 1st May 1997) which has been lovingly cherished from the day it was bought. It features the legendary AJP 4.2 litre V8 engine, which produced 360bhp. The car was owned from new by our Technical Directors mother, who used it as her every day driver for over 15 years. In this time it covered just over 53,000 miles.
It is finished in the stunning Pearlescant finish Formula Red, with a full Cream leather interior, with red stitching. It has a Meta M9T Alarm and immobiliser fitted, and also features the OEM hydraulic TVR power steering system, which is highly unusual for a Cerbera, as well as factory fitted air conditioning.
Since new it has had over £50,000 spent on its maintenance to ensure that it is in pristine condition; In 2007 it had a full frontend respray to remove a few stone chips, as well as an upgrade to the TVR twin headlight system, all of which was carried out by a main dealer. In 2008 it had a full engine rebuild by CAS Engineering Services. In 2015 it had a full body off restoration to overhaul the chassis by SD Autotec, which is all documented with full photos available. It comes complete with a full service history, which has all been carried out by recognised TVR main dealers or TVR specialists.
The full specification is below:
· Mileage 53040
· MOT expired 13th May 2016
· 4.2 AJP engine
· Cream leather interior
· Formula Red pearlescent paint exterior
· Meta M99T alarm fitted
· Factory fitted air conditioning
· Full re-spay incl. conversion to updated twin headlight system by TVR Main Dealer 2007
· Updated wheels (originals available)
· Complete engine rebuild by CAS Engineering 2008
· Complete body off restoration by SD Autotec 2015– photos available
· Bodywork restored by Auto Cosmetics 2016
· Owned by the same family since new
· Full service history with Main Dealer and TVR Specialists
· Over £50k spent on maintaining this car to a particularly high standard
· Two sets of keys
· Original handbook, sales catalogue and a parts/service manual CD are available, with all documentation showing the car’s complete history
In 2014 the car was involved with minor collision with a van at low speed on a roundabout, in which the front nearside corner suffered minor damage. Due to the condition of the outriggers on the chassis at the time (which are renowned for rusting on these models), the car was deemed a Cat D write off. Since then, as mentioned in the text above, the car has been subject to a full body off restoration, so the chassis is as new (probably better!) and the car is in better condition than the day it rolled out of the factory. It also features high specification Quantum dampers and new springs, which were fitted as part of the restoration, and transform the ride. Since the restoration, the car has been dry stored and has recently had a new battery fitted.
As you can see from the above, the owner was obsessed with keeping this car immaculate; you simply will not find a better example of a TVR Cerbera.
Buyer toolsInsurance » Finance » Gap Insurance » Warranty » Tyres »
- Mileage: 53,040
- Year: 1997
- Doors: 2
- Body type: Coupe
- Transmission type: Manual
- Fuel type: Petrol
- Colour: Red
- Engine layout: Front Engined
- Aspiration: Normally Aspirated
- Engine size (Litres): 4.2
- Engine configuration: V8
- Cylinders: 8
- Engine power (BHP): 360
- Driven wheels: Rear Wheel Drive
- Previous owners: 1
Buyers who contact a seller through PhoneSafe will be charged only a small amount more than direct calls. The charges are listed below:
• Day: 37.5p
• Evening: 25.0p
• Weekend: 12.5p
All prices are pence per minute from a BT Landline and calls from a mobile or other operator may vary.
Read more »
Leicestershire, United Kingdom