Cars boats bikes and planes, in Art

144 replies [Last post]
GBt
GBt's picture
Offline
Joined: 2011-05-31

I love to relax with a bit of music and draw or paint, anyone else around who enjoys a similar hobby, I did have a period of selling pictures of peoples cars and occassional cartoon commissions, however it has gone back yto hobbyist so no spamming intended, i am wishing to see others whom may be hiding lights under bushalls?

GBt
GBt's picture
Offline
Joined: 2011-05-31

 

 

 

plastic penguin
plastic penguin's picture
Offline
Joined: 2011-06-14

GBt wrote:

 

 

 

Very talented individual, GBt. Wished I was artistically minded. My relaxation periods are somewhat ecelectic: Music and hi-fi, screenwriting, vintage classic cars and aviation: R.A.F. 1936-1945. My dad was a navigator on the Sunderland and Catalina Flying-Boats, based out of the Shetlands between 1942-44. I also teach part-time at my daughter's school (twice a year, actually) about the home front.

GBt
GBt's picture
Offline
Joined: 2011-05-31

Marvellous there was a BBC3 series about glamour, I think , and interwar air travel, with the flying boats featured, in one program. The Catalina is a wonderful looking craft, i remember seeing her at an early Southend Airshow, and possibly at Clacton too. Isnt another used for commerce in Soth America? I got mixed up & was thinking the Shackelton did the air sea rescue when a kid we went for holidays in Cornwall, but maybe that was a Shackleton out of St Morgan? I know last time I had a holiday down there, in 1991, it was interesting watching the a wax Comets from Porth to watch    I was lucky enough to have found the Squadron Club North Wealdduring the ninetees, purely as a ground based enthusiast- really between being in racing clubs and in line with joining American clubs. I moved up here in 1999 so dropped out of that too.

My favourite plane is the English Electric Lightning, possibly as I had a model of one as a kid and when we moved to Norfolk it was near RAF Coltishall.I have a picture of another Lightning the P38 one at Ipswich airfied, sans wings and having just arrived from the States via Felixstowe.

A favourite program is Ice Pilots on Quest, Thursday 21.00 hrs.

Anyway sI would imagine screenwriting needs a great talent and I can tell by some whimsical asides, and dry humour, that you have more than a passing relationship with the art of wordsmith-ship, if that is  correct . What specificaly does that involve, if I may ask, and are there any links to view as also with the aircraft association.

My Dad was a journalist/financial consultant in the 50s/60s, but I didnt inherit either of his talents- he and an Uncle(fllew Dakotas)were both in Burma, he a soldier, & both were great racounteurs.My Mothers side had RAF connections as she was in the WAF during WW2.Me had to be different, that said my Dad's oldest brother was lost at sea after his ship was torpedo'd.

I dont know wher the drawing came from but it is one of the few things I have been better than average at in life, me i envy musicians especially guitarists so sometimes when folk are kind enough to say I wish I could draw like that, that is how I feel when i see a virtuoso musician in actions.

Anyway, even if this thread doesnt take off with others joining in,I have certainly enjoyed the discourse thus far.

plastic penguin
plastic penguin's picture
Offline
Joined: 2011-06-14

GBt wrote:

Marvellous there was a BBC3 series about glamour, I think , and interwar air travel, with the flying boats featured, in own program. The Catalina is a wonderful looking craft, i remember seeing her at an early Southend Airshow, and possibly at Clacton too. I was in the Squadron Club during the ninetees, purely as a ground based enthusiast- really between being in racing clubs and in line with joining American clubs. My favourite plane is the English Electric Lightning possibly as I had a model of one as a kid and when we moved to Norfolk it was near RAF Coltishall.I have a picture of another Lightning the P38 one at Ipswich airfied, sans wings and having just arrived from the States via Felixstowe.

Anyway screenwriting neads a great talent and I can tell by some whimsical asides, and humour, that you have more than a passing relationship with the art of wordsmithship, if that is  correct . What specificaly does that involve, if I may ask and are there any links to view as also with the aircraft association.

My Dad was a journalist/financial consultant in the 50s/60sbut I didnt inherit either of his talents- he and an Uncle(flying Dakotas)were both in Burma he a soldier both were great racounteurs.My Mothers side had RAF connections as she was in the WAF during WW2.

I dont know wher the drawing came from but it is one of the few things I have been better than average at in life, so even if this thread doesnt take off with others I have certainly enjoyed the discourse.

TBVH, I write scripts to chill out - I'm my own worst critic. That said, I soooo enjoy coming up with a basic concept and seeing the idea come to life. Adding the plot to a situation, you can play God with the protaganists, and thinking of a dialogue (s) to suit the characters/plots. Writing a script is about 'conflict'; not war or punch up between two or more characters. It could be someone in conflict with themselves e.g. alcoholism, drugs, finances... it helps to have an overactive imagination.

Two weeks ago I sent a short script to a production company. Hmmm, won't hold my breath though...

Link to http://www.simplyscripts.com/m.html and you can see how a film script is formatted.

Aaaaaaanyway, aircraft! About 5 years ago I attended Biggin Hill Air show and had a chance to walk inside a Catalina (this particular Cat is based at Duxford)... love it! Mrs. P always says I was born in the wrong decade...LOL

GBt
GBt's picture
Offline
Joined: 2011-05-31

plastic penguin
plastic penguin's picture
Offline
Joined: 2011-06-14

Like the Vitesse. Could you draw me a [daft]* Dolomite.

Cheers, pp

 

*A cartoon version

 

GBt
GBt's picture
Offline
Joined: 2011-05-31

see what can be done, having never been hard nosed enough to forge a real living in that department, you are now second in queue for a freebee.mate.

A Gal who was the driver in the transport that brought me home from the Angiogram hospital visit was the attendant last week on a repeat scenariod season ticketed NHS stay, again,and by and by I realised she was the same lady I parked my Scoot next to,her harley 883 sportster, at the end of the Essex Air Ambulance run-a couple of years ago, my own VTwin I had then

had a fit of the vapours,and thatis a copy of C&SC in the tank bag, I take to read down at the reservoir sailing club usually, if no one except the widfowl is present.

Anyway after recovering from pushing it back up hill, after down dale, as going to Averly was out, watched the Motor GP on the box and went the back route to Harwich instead,on the more trustworthy Aprilia Scoot.

.seen here down by the Swannee, river Stour,

When we got back home after I have to say seeing the consultant at 11, last Wednesday, then the transport was due at 13.30 and finally arrived at 19.45. So I had lunch and some dinner on the house, and crisis carers were again in place at home so that was covered.

She and partner, were have to say lucky I'm a patient type, privy to seeing the confusion  that is our garage internals,

she said how do you get the ones at the back out, what are you like and i told her there were a couple more bikes out back, down the side of the house. 3 actually .What are you doing messing with trail bikes at your age she said, why not sell some and get a cruiser(bin there done it over and have several T Shirts) . 

Anyway I sent her some pics from Harwich and she asked if I could Harleyfy by caricature, a customerised version for her, OK so, its more a hobby but hey she gets paid to do her job (well ok not by me direct so fairdouze give a bit back, and why not..) what wid the Dolly then a taxi with PppPick up a penguin , that sorta thing, no tips its covered.

ps

The Vitesse and little boat were actually 30 years apart, the boat bit after in my late 50s doing some YA sailing courses having almost literally been chucked in at the deep end when younger, in dinghies.

First I did it as a watercolour, having gleaned some tips off an Anglia TV Video, I sent off for along with a Lotus potted history one too, on special offer, The Art one was from a series 'King and Country' and as I love doing up old boats had an intrinsic interest thereby as well..

plastic penguin
plastic penguin's picture
Offline
Joined: 2011-06-14

GBt wrote:

see what can be done, having never been hard nosed enough to forge a real living in that department, you are now second in queue for a freebee.mate.

A Gal who was the driver in the transport that brought me home from the Angiogram hospital visit was the attendant last week on a repeat scenariod season ticketed NHS stay, again,and by and by I realised she was the same lady I parked my Scoot next to,her harley 883 sportster, at the end of the Essex Air Ambulance run-a couple of years ago, my own VTwin I had then

had a fit of the vapours,and thatis a copy of C&SC in the tank bag, I take to read down at the reservoir sailing club usually, if no one except the widfowl is present.

Anyway after recovering from pushing it back up hill, after down dale, as going to Averly was out, watched the Motor GP on the box and went the back route to Harwich instead,on the more trustworthy Aprilia Scoot.

.seen here down by the Swannee, river Stour,

When we got back home after I have to say seeing the consultant at 11, last Wednesday, then the transport was due at 13.30 and finally arrived at 19.45. So I had lunch and some dinner on the house, and crisis carers were again in place at home so that was covered.

She and partner, were have to say lucky I'm a patient type, privy to seeing the confusion  that is our garage internals,

she said how do you get the ones at the back out, what are you like and i told her there were a couple more bikes out back, down the side of the house. 3 actually .What are you doing messing with trail bikes at your age she said, why not sell some and get a cruiser(bin there done it over and have several T Shirts) . 

Anyway I sent her some pics from Harwich and she asked if I could Harleyfy by caricature, a customerised version for her, OK so, its more a hobby but hey she gets paid to do her job (well ok not by me direct so fairdouze give a bit back, and why not..) what wid the Dolly then a taxi with PppPick up a penguin , that sorta thing, no tips its covered.

ps

The Vitesse and little boat were actually 30 years apart, the boat bit after in my late 50s doing some YA sailing courses having almost literally been chucked in at the deep end when younger, in dinghies.

First I did it as a watercolour, having gleaned some tips off an Anglia TV Video, I sent off for along with a Lotus potted history one too, on special offer, The Art one was from a series 'King and Country' and as I love doing up old boats had an intrinsic interest thereby as well..

No problem - only asked for a bit of fun, so when you've got the time.

Hope the tests went okay for you?

GBt
GBt's picture
Offline
Joined: 2011-05-31

Oh will be happy to oblige, tests revealed too much mediction causing too low heart beat, pulse, so instesd of the proposed increase, its less now.

I will have to go to The East London Chest Hospital for a stress test MRI but just hope that will ascertain if anything needs doing further.

Nice to see your good humoured self back in here, you have been missed, and how was the cooker and laden bin-I started a plane strand and am relying on you and other enthusiasts to contribute as \i will confess to not having a very in depth knowlege on the aircraft fronts.

plastic penguin
plastic penguin's picture
Offline
Joined: 2011-06-14

GBt wrote:

Oh will be happy to oblige, tests revealed too much mediction causing too low heart beat, pulse, so instesd of the proposed increase, its less now.

I will have to go to The East London Chest Hospital for a stress test MRI but just hope that will ascertain if anything needs doing further.

Nice to see your good humoured self back in here, you have been missed, and how was the cooker and laden bin-I started a plane strand and am relying on you and other enthusiasts to contribute as \i will confess to not having a very in depth knowlege on the aircraft fronts.

Sweet man.

Been very busy with running a small business and little'un on school holidays - huge juggling act.

Not seen the aircraft thread yet. I'll have a goosey later.

Cheers, pp