What have the Americans done to this Ferrari 250?

5 replies [Last post]
julianem
julianem's picture

Why do Americans feel the need to turn everything into a facsimile of themselves? It's like the so called World Series. It isn't!  There's only you that play baseball.

http://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1962-ferrari-250gte--c-646.htm

James Elliott
James Elliott's picture

I'm not saying I approve, but give it another six months and it will be just another GTO or SWB rep.

Whatever it is with the GTE that is so wrong visually that everyone thinks they can "improve" it has always escaped me, I love them just the way they were born.

n/a
DUESIE

Well that's not too bad at under $30k. I like the 250GTE too. Look past the pimp job and it wouldn't take much to put it back to how it should look, sourcing a suitable V12 would be the hardest part, but maybe even one from a later wrecked 400 would fit?.

Coventry Climax

Wanton vandalism!

DUESIE

James Elliott wrote:

I'm not saying I approve, but give it another six months and it will be just another GTO or SWB rep.

Whatever it is with the GTE that is so wrong visually that everyone thinks they can "improve" it has always escaped me, I love them just the way they were born.

Which  begs the question, if the GTEs were the favourites to be chopped up in the past to make fake GTOs etc, where are all the discarded bodyshells now? If there is one lying around, it could donate a few parts to fixing this one up before it goes the same way. Surely in time a correct 250GTE will be worth more than a fake GTO or SWB?

Speedangel
Speedangel's picture

do not like it AT ALL!! These kind of "Home made" cars should not be not be on the road. It gives to certain people the wrong impression of a genuine 250. If they want to play boy racers, why don't they buy a Supra or a Skyline and change it to their usual ugly colours and bodykits.