There are only a few days left to take advantage of heavily discounted tickets – up to 27% off – for the Silverstone Classic, powered by the AA. The 'early bird' offer ends on 31 March.
The event takes place from 20-22 July and for info on what you can expect from the festival see our previous stories:
In the meantime the organisers have helpfully sent us a list of 10 reasons why you should want to be there... and here they are:
1. The finest classic historic racing cars covering a 70 year era featuring more than 100 Grand Prix cars plus massive 50-car grids of Le Mans, GT, Group C, mighty F5000, Formula 2, Sports and Touring cars providing the very best of nostalgic action in 24 flat out races. There’s even a celebrity race in Morgans with world famous TV chef Heston Blumenthal and famous friends.
2. In excess of 7,000 classic cars on display over the weekend with huge anniversary celebrations for AC Cobra, Ferrari F40, MGB, Lotus Elan, Triumph Spitfire plus the UK’s first BMW Z-Fest.
3. New AA World where everyone from toddlers to seniors can have a driving experience – free learner car taster lessons (age and height restrictions apply), circuit rides, skid pan, pit stop challenge and lots more.
4. Live music concerts with headline sets from Mike & The Mechanics and Adam Ant plus full supporting bill.
5. Off-track action with a vintage fun fair, go-karts, Punch and Judy (celebrating 350 years) plus giant TV screens showing all the action. There is even a pampering centre on the Village Green.
6. Aerial displays with wing walkers, the Parachute Regiment The Red Devils, hot air balloons and more to be announced.
7. Retail village with nearly 200 exhibitors presenting a wide range of autojumble, automobilia, art, jewellery, books, videos and gifts for everyone.
8. Access all areas – tickets include free entrance to all live music and AA World, free grandstand seating, pits/paddock access…
9. Rally car and off-road 4x4 experiences.
10. Festival accommodation alternatives on-site: modern campsite, glamping and the unique Snoozebox hotel for additional comfort over the weekend.
More details – including info on ticket offers – are available via the event’s official website.