A restored MGA chassis that has been unveiled in Gaydon will give enthusiasts a glimpse under the skin of a sough-after British classic.
Just 300 MGA Twin Cam Coupés were built and the 1958 example on display has been subject to a seven-month, painstaking restoration thanks to a team of 25 dedicated volunteers.
It is believed to have featured at either the Earls Court or New York Motor Shows as a complete car, before being sectioned and painted in an array of colours as a technical demonstration.
The team’s next projects include rebuilding a Rover gas turbine, which was used to train students, and refurbishing a 1960 Standard Ensign. The latter was the last model to roll off the production line at Canley prior to the Standard marque’s disappearance in 1963.
To find out more visit the HMC’s website.