Can You Identify This 1940's era Car?

21 replies [Last post]
DUESIE

mikeC wrote:

Er... I think he's saying goodbye...

Apparently not.

GBt
GBt's picture

Whether I stay or go having now thanked the @least 6 independant nice folk, of non prior knowlege in as many weeks, including Tom (young-45?) is my choice not yours.

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

DUESIE

GBt wrote:

Whether I stay or go having now thanked the @least 6 independant nice folk, of non prior knowlege in as many weeks, including Tom (young-45?) is my choice not yours.

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Indeed it is, but thank you at least for those few hours of blessed relief last week.

Tom45

Why is it so shocking to some, that people can just be decent, respectful and appreciative of eachother? They are common values that have grown over hundereds of years of human development.

@pistonbroke, thanks! I managed to get a copy of that film! Although you were very close, the scene in this photograph is actually a true event that happened in new york, I can tell you that with certainty. Crazy isn't it?! The film Private Hell 36 does have some excellent footage of a '46 Packard Clipper racing around at high speeds (exciting in itself) and then finally crashing into the revine but it's not the same scene as the photograph... still has proved useful.

@GBt The project is now going well, I'm glad you enjoyed discovering Arthur Fellig's work.. a very interesting character at an intriguing time in history. Aside, the best way to deal with trolls on the internet is to pay them zero attention whatsoever... its difficult but it seems no matter where you go you always get them! I can't comprehend, and neither can I see how someone else could, what your motive would be to start this thread and then answer all the questions... seems ridiculous and quite funny. Cheers!

DUESIE

Oh dear, here we go again. Poor old GBt just doesn't know when to quit. For anyone that wants a laugh, go back and read from the start. Tom45, a new poster here comes up with an obscure photo asking to identify the car. Why would he do that when he claims to be studying a photographer? Then GBt, that world champion Googler (he thinks it makes him look good to come up with some answers, even if most of it is unrelated trivia) gets it in one. Tom meanwhile makes the mistake of posting another thread where a link on his photo goes back to his website and guess what? He is into 3D computer design, logos and graphics, the same field that GBt has been constantly telling us he wanted to get in to. Then, Tom comes back with gushing praise and thanks. But, in GBts first post he only said he "guessed" it was a Packard Clipper, he had no other confirmation, and yet Tom took it to be gospel, thanks mate, job done etc. Meanwhile, pistonbroke posted a more plausible explanation of the whole story but was the told by Swordfish who always was another of GBt's aliases - how many are there we wonder - that; "Easy enough to identify the film once the car was revealed, which was what the enquirer wanted to know"  which rather smacked of "go away and don't spoil my moment of glory by upstaging me". How would it be easy for anyone to come up with the story of the film, the car and the location of the photo from GBt's 'guess' it was a Packard Clipper? With me so far? Good, cos' there's more. So on the 9th, just for a bit of fun, I blew the whistle. GBt then came back with one of his customarily unintelligible rants the gist of which was "my cover's been blown again, that's it, I'm off here for good" and calling others, presumably me amongst them, of being trolls, when GBt is the numero uno of trolls, World Champion, gold medallist etc, etc. His threat of course was also a fake, like everything else he does, so nobody was at all surprised to see him back, the bets among the rest of us were just to see how long he could stay away. Can't tell you who won, but it was very close. Now Tom's back (at GBt's request?) in an unconvincing attempt at shoreing up the pretence. Of such things many internet forums are made. It's just sad that it is the only entertainment left on here. Where's all the good stuff gone?

DUESIE

No, ignore my last remark. This IS the good stuff! Can't wait for the next installment!

DUESIE

GBt, I could respond three ways.

1 - You are just thinking out loud rather than making any definite statement.

2 - You like the attention, hence the need to post again any thread that you take as criticism.

3 - A bad case of raging paranoia?

However I prefer to think it is just the first, When you have edited your thoughts down to a readable message let us know. Meanwhile, just because a few have posted remarks that are not to your liking does mean you should be at war with everyone else. How about getting back to car stuff and giving that ticker of yours a break? Oh yes, and don't forget that a little dose of humour goes a long way. Good night.

GBt
GBt's picture

thanks for that( got a bit carried away-and I hope I wont get carried away)however, I will leave waging war with the majority, to the few 

GAv

DUESIE

GBt wrote:

thanks for that( got a bit carried away-and I hope I wont get carried away)however, I will leave waging war with the majority, to the few 

GAv

Ok, last time I am going to say this, GBt, or is it GAv now? You need an editor. (Or is it just me that does not understand what he is on about?)

GBt
GBt's picture

The GAv bit was an attempt to be friendly, as thats what most folk call me-awaits a humerous repost, bit of a whaste of time wid yu....