Porsche Classics at the Castle 2011

1 reply [Last post]
porschecatthec
porschecatthec's picture

Hi,

I’m part of the organising team at Classics at the Castle, the Porsche Classic car event at Hedingham Castle, North Essex, taking place on Sunday 17th July. We've just had confirmation that the Porsche Design Type 64 Berlin Rome car will be making its first ever appearance on UK soil, courtesy of Prototyp Museum in Hamburg. This is a huge coup for us. Full details on this and the event are available on www.classicsatthecastle.com. We're also working with the Princes Trust as our chosen charity.

I thought this might be of interest to any Porsche fans that read your pages. Since the first event in 2007 Classics At The Castle has established itself as a unique event for enthusiasts and owners of all Porsche model types built 1948-1973. This is the fifth year of an event that is established as the foremost meeting of this kind in the UK with visitors attending from all over the world.

There will be exclusive parking for Pre 74 Porsches and dedicated parking for more modern Porsches but you don't have to come in a Porsche to be part of the experience. We gather to celebrate the philosophy that: "Not everyone's idea of a perfect Porsche is a new one AND not everyone's idea of a "classic" Porsche is a perfect one."

This is a unique opportunity to personally view a significant piece of VW and Porsche automotive history on wheels, the Porsche Design TYPE 64. Berlin – Rome car, which will be appearing courtesy of Prototyp museum Hamburg.

There will also be a number of rare and significant historic Porsche sports racing cars that have performed notably in international motorsport. These will include the 1968 Daytona 24hrs Winning Porsche 907 longtail coupe, which, with Vic Elford at the wheel, led a Porsche hat trick across the finishing line. This was the first Porsche to win a 24hr World Championship endurance race and is one of only two remaining 907 longtails.

Famously driven by Paul Newman at the 1979 Le Mans 24hr race to second place overall, the Barbour racing “Hawaiian Tropic” Porsche 935 Turbo and the Muller/Van Lennep 1973 Targa Florio winning Factory “Martini” Porsche 911Carrera RSR will also be making an appearance.

All this and more on Sunday 17th July from 10a.m. at the Porsche Classics event at Hedingham Castle, Essex.

If you'd like further details on the Porsche Design Type 64 Berlin Rome car or the event, please contact me on the details below.

Kind regards

Jamie Richardson

Mob: 07957 163 787

E: jamie@blazegroup.co.uk

Event date: Sunday 17th July 2011 Gates open 10a.m.

Location: Hedingham Castle, Bayley Street, Castle Hedingham, Essex. CO9 3DJ

Visit: www.classicsatthecastle.com Email: info@classicsatthecastle.com

Ticket Hotline: 020 8875 8688 Picnic Hamper Order Hotline: 01787 460 261

Martin Port
Martin Port's picture

Hi Jamie - thanks for the event details. I would suggest you pop along to our Diary page and click on the 'Add your event' button to let our readers and visitors know about the show. And it's a great show - having been twice, I can vouch for the fact that it's a good day out for classic Porsche enthusiasts.

n/a