The entries for C&SC's prestigious annual Club Awards in association with Lancaster Insurance are now open.
Make sure that your club, and the hardworking individuals within it, gain the recognition they deserve by putting them forward for one of the cherished gongs.
As is traditional, approximately half the awards will be decided via nominations to the judging panel, while the other half will be decided at the Classic Motor Show at the NEC in Birmingham.
2011 winner! Gifford Wright's ex-Betty Haig Singer Le Mans was Car of Show
There are some important changes for this year, however:
- Instead of being held on the Saturday night of the show, this year's Club Awards will take place in the nearby Metropole Hotel after the Classic Motor Show closes on Friday 16 November.
- For 2012 we are introducing a couple of very special prizes. The winners of both the Car of the Show and the C&SC Special Award (for the car that stole the judges' hearts) will receive a full, professional half-day studio shoot worth upwards of £500, courtesy of C&SC and Lancaster Insurance.
- The Club Magazine of the Year will win a £400 camera from Lancaster Insurance to help ensure it maintains its high quality.
The categories for advanced nominations are below and the closing date is 19 October so make sure you don't miss out.
Send your nominations – with category, supporting photos and brief summary of why they should win – to David Evans, Classic & Sports Car, Broom Road, Teddington, Middlesex TW11 9BE, UK or e-mail them to email@example.com
Only one entry will be accepted per club for each award, and entries should be accompanied by a letter from the club secretary – or other senior officer – confirming them as the club’s submissions.
The categories for nominations are
- Club Personality of the Year (the person who has done the most for a model, marque or club over the past 12 months)
- Club of the Year
- Best Club Run/Rally
- Best Club Show/Event
- Club Magazine of the Year
- Most Improved Club Magazine
- Best Club Website
Plus, to be decided on the day
- Best Club Stand (three awards)
- Best Themed Club Stand
- Most Interesting Selection of Cars
- Car of the Show
- C&SC Special Award (for the car that captures the judges’ hearts)
2011 winner! Most Interesting Selection of Cars – Club Peugeot UK