A display of the most famous Ferrari 250 GTs has opened at the Ferrari Museum in Maranello to mark the 60th anniversary of the revered model range that started in 1952, lasted for a decade and used Gioachino Colombo's fabulous 3-litre V12.
Among them are the competition 250 GT Berlinetta SWB in which Stirling Moss won four races in 1961: Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Goodwood and Nassau.
Finished in the famous blue and white livery of Rob Walker, the car was recently restored by the Ferrari Classiche department.
Also on show is the remarkable example dubbed the 'Breadvan'. Commissioned by Count Volpi di Misurata to compete against the 250 GTO, it was developed by Piero Drogo and Giotto Bizzarrini.
Once a curiosity that was frowned upon by officialdom, the Breadvan was welcomed into the fold in 2010 when Ferrari recognised it with an Attestation for Vehicles of Historic Interest, meaning that although it does not comply with the strict Ferrari Authenticity Certification criteria, it is of historic interest.
The Ferrari Museum in Maranello is open every day between 9.30am and 7pm.