C&SC is launching an all-new top-spec reader run to the 2014 Le Mans Classic. We're not asking for any money at the moment, but you need to register your interest now if you want to be part of it.
We've teamed up with 1st Tickets to offer the same unrivalled, civilised facilities and value for money already enjoyed by the Aston Martin Owners' Club and PistonHeads.
- Overnight crossings from Portsmouth to Normandy (though you can opt for Dover- Calais by sea or via the tunnel at a reduced rate if you prefer).
- An exclusive fenced-off camping area with private 24-hour security
- Private showers and toilets
- Water supply
- A marquee with (pre-ordered) catering, cash bar, and TV coverage of the event
- Free Wi-Fi
- A marked-out camping pitch; for a bit more (about £65 per person) you can even book a pre-assembled tent (big enough to stand up in!) so all you have to do is park up and enjoy the weekend.
- Travelling down and camping with the C&SC editorial team (this might not be regarded as a benefit by those who have met us!)
For a basic package of all of the above, up to five days camping at Le Mans, event entry, overnight channel crossing and breakfast and evening meal (you can reduce the price further by self-catering), we are expecting the cost to be £600-700 per person (£400-450pp if you go via Calais)*.
On top of that there is a raft of optional extras you can take out such as grandstand seats, parade laps, pre-erected tents, extra meals, helicopter flights and more.
Initially we have ring-fenced 30 spots for C&SC readers, but we can increase this to meet demand.
All you have to do at this stage is register your interest (making sure we can secure sufficient space and crossings) and we'll get back to you soon with further details.
* We cannot offer a precise value prior to booking because Brittany ferries operates a 'flexible pricing model', but these prices (based on two people sharing a car) are believed to be accurate and not just a 'come and get me' estimate! We'll be able to offer precise prices when we have an idea of numbers.