The entries for C&SC’s prestigious annual Club Awards in association with Lancaster Insurance are now open.
So make sure that your club, and the hardworking stalwarts within it, gain the recognition they deserve by putting them forward for one of the cherished gongs.
About half of the awards will be decided via nominations to the judging panel, while the other
half will be decided at the Classic Motor Show at the NEC in Birmingham.
- This year’s Club Awards returns to its traditional Saturday-evening slot, and will take place in the nearby Metropole Hotel after the Classic Motor Show closes on 16 November.
- Like last year, the winners of both the Car of the Show and the C&SC Special Award (for the car that stole the judges’ hearts) will receive a full, professional half-day studio shoot worth upwards of £500, courtesy of C&SC and Lancaster Insurance.
The categories for advanced nominations are below and the closing date is 11 October so make sure that you don’t miss out.
Please send your nominations – with category, supporting photos and brief explanation of why they should win – to David Evans, Classic & Sports Car, Teddington Studios, Broom Road, Teddington, Middlesex TW11 9BE, UK or e-mail them to email@example.com
Only one entry will be accepted per club for each award, and entries should be accompanied by a letter from the club secretary – or other senior officer – confirming them as the club’s submissions.
The categories for nominations are
- Club Personality of the Year
(the person who has done the most for a model, marque or club over the
past 12 months)
- Club of the Year
- Best Club Run/Rally
- Best Club Show/Event
- Most Improved Club Magazine
- Club Magazine of the Year
- Best Club Website
Plus, to be decided on the day
- Best Club Stand (three awards)
- Best Themed Club Stand
- Most Interesting Selection of Cars
- Car of the Show
- C&SC Special Award (for the car that
captures the judges’ hearts)
Car of Show 2012 was the radical streamlined Aston Martin Atom of Tom Rollason
Last year’s Best Themed Club Stand: the Riley RM Club for ‘Archie’s Auto Sales’, which tied in with the show’s ‘What’s the story’ theme
C&SC Special Award went to the delightful Hillman Aero Minx Streamlined Saloon of David Hanks (on left)
Best Small Club Stand went to the Morris Commercial Club on its first visit to the show